Job Title: Sales and Distribution Executive
Organization: Nation Media Group (NMG) (The EastAfrican Newspaper)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Business Manager
Nation Media Group (NMG) is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media. It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. Nation Media Group (NMG) owns The EastAfrican Publication which is a regional newspaper.
Job Summary: The Sales and Distribution Executive will work closely with the Circulation team to ensure that the team meets set Circulation and Distribution targets for The EastAfrican Newspaper.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Tasked with achieving revenue and volume budgets;
• In charge of managing returns /unsold copies within acceptable levels.
• Responsible for organizing and driving the circulation operations through field sales visits to vendors and agents in order to maximize on opportunities for copy sales;
• Ensuring efficient management of the value chain;
• Resolves various distribution problems on the ground, identifies potential sales outlets and liaises with MPL for correct deliveries;
• Regularly reviews weekly payments with the distributor, collects payment cheques on due dates and ensures the cheques reach the Circulation Accountant;
• In charge of managing and organizing client relationship programs in liaison with territory distributor, agents and vendors;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Country Business Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a good Bachelor’s degree in business management or a business related field;
• A minimum of two years’ experience in FMCG environment;
• Analytical, self -driven and love to be measured on performance;
• Demonstrable passion for sales and marketing.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of the dynamics and complexity of print sales and circulation;
• Good people management skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents with a daytime telephone number to: The Head of Human Resource, Monitor Publications Ltd. P.O. Box 12141, Kampala, Uganda. Or you can send via email to: [email protected]
NB: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17th September, 2015