Our client is a construction company Kenya and is urgently seeking to recruit a sales person to join their team.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for meeting established sales goals within assigned sales territory.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining contact with customers, architects and engineers.
• Responsible for resolution of customer complaints and shortages when attributable to the sales effort.
• Responsible for monitoring construction and competitor activity in assigned territory.
• Responsible for keeping abreast of changes in codes and standard practices.
• Responsible for compliance with Company policy.
• Assist with collection of delinquent accounts as required.
• Cooperation with other division personnel, departments and service areas to insure efficiency in providing a quality product and the best service possible to the customer.
• Participate in trade and civic organizations which promote company interests.
• Maintain timely and accurate sales records on internal computer systems.
• Purchase accessories for specific projects and division inventory.
• Assist in pricing stock length and fabricated epoxy coated rebar to internal and external customers.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred – construction or engineering related (Mechanical/Electrical). Other degree type with related sales experience acceptable
• Functional knowledge of concrete reinforcing steel, its use and available accessories
• Well conversant with construction industry material and equipment
• 1-3 years construction or design experience(added advantage)
• Ability to read construction drawings
• Should have special understanding of the demands and the needs of the customers
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
• Good written and verbal presentation skills.
• Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
How to Apply
interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CVs only to [email protected] indicating the job title “SALES JOB” on the subject line by 19th January 2017.