Our client, one of the finest beach resorts in Kenya is looking to fill the position of a Sales Manager for their offices based in Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate will be responsible for bringing new business to the establishment, manages large accounts, works to maintain a loyal customer base, and oversees hotel sales strategies.
- Analyses current client base or target market for the hotel.
• Identify, qualify and solicit new business to achieve hotel revenue goals.
• Devises new ways to expand that client base.
• Reaches out to organizations and businesses that might require a hotel for conferences & events.
• Meets with representatives from these companies to explain the hotel’s merits and amenities.
• Overcomes hesitations of clients to close a sale.
• Manages accounts of high-profile clients.
• Maintains positive relationships with clients to encourage repeat and recurring business.
• Conduct assessment of sales performance to make necessary adjustments to increase patronage.
- A University degree with relevant experience.
• At least 5 to 8 years in hospitality sales in a 5 star hotel.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
• Exhibits excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Demonstrates ability to think creatively and analytically
• Is capable of creating and maintaining a large client network.
• Communicates clearly and effectively and possesses strong leadership skills.
• Is familiar with the workings of the hotel and hospitality industry.
• Demonstrates strong persuasive and negotiation skills.