BioLite is a US-based social enterprise, which designs, manufactures, and markets energy products for off-grid communities around the world. Half the planet still cooks on indoor open wood fires and the toxic smoke they emit kills nearly 4 million people every year. Indoor fires are also inefficient, requiring double the fuel of more efficient stoves, and producing particles, which pollute our atmosphere contributing to climate change.
In response to these challenges, BioLite has developed the HomeStove. The HomeStove is an advanced, affordable, clean-burning stove that can reduce indoor smoke by 90%, and reduce fuel use by half. Additionally, the HomeStove produces electricity from the fire for charging phones and lights. In Kenya, BioLite is launching sales of the innovative HomeStove through the Equity Bank finance channel. Ensuring customers are happy with their HomeStove and using it regularly is key to achieving a positive social and environmental impact – this is where we need you!
Responsibilities of the Sales & Marketing Executive:
- Provide high quality demonstrations of the HomeStove at Equity Bank’s Branch offices, loan collection meetings, and at market days organised by Equity Bank and BioLite.
- Achieve sales targets.
- Develop long term productive relationships with the clients.
- Support the delivery of HomeStoves to customers in Equity Bank Branches, ensuring that each customer receives the correct stove, and completes a warranty form.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Train new HomeStove customers on correct usage of the stove
- Respond to any customer complaints or queries regarding the HomeStove
- Respond to HomeStove service requests within 7 days of incident report
- Display efficiency in gathering market and customer info to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery and customer specifications.
- Researching and recommending new market opportunities for the HomeStove.
Desired skills and experience of the Sales & Marketing Executive
- Sales and marketing experience
You must have at least 1 year prior sales and marketing experience, and able to effectively deliver on the required targets.
- Team work
You should possess the skill to work both in the team and perform independently.
- Customer service experience
Ensuring that HomeStove customers are happy is a top priority. Experience of receiving and resolving customer questions and complaints in a friendly and effective manner is important to this role.
- Good with technical detail
You will have to learn about all aspects of stove operation and repair, and be able to explain this simply and effectively to others.
- Well organised and detail oriented
It is important that you can plan your time efficiently and effectively to ensure that you are prepared for product demonstrations at times when customers are in branch, customer repairs are carried out promptly, and deliveries go smoothly.
You will work closely with Equity Bank’s Credit Officers to organise HomeStove demonstrations, training and after sales service. A productive relationship with them is key.
Educational Qualifications required:
Candidates are required to have at least a diploma in sales and marketing, or social work and community development.
How to Apply
Send your CV and application letter to [email protected]m on or before October 31st , 2016. Specify the Area you would like to work.