Our client is an alcohol distributor looking to hire a Sales Representative who will be based in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager for Nairobi Region, the Sales Representative will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Implementing channel and accounts strategies, terms and conditions and other best practice in the identified accounts, ensuring the best advantage for each brand / category is achieved profitably
- Developing and maintaining a clear understanding of developments in the accounts and exploiting all the opportunities
- Taking ownership for maximizing business volume through successful implementation, execution and evaluation of key sales functions to enhance sustainable growth and profitability for the company
- Successful execution of the business plans
- Servicing (including selling, merchandising, accounts growth planning and implementation, relations building, promotion & activations)
- Ensuring continuous improvement in distribution, merchandising, call coverage, efficient resource utilization from the distributors and other 3rd party agencies
- Visiting all trade levels (On-trade, stockiest and supermarkets) to ensure the brands are listed, visible and activated according to the plan
- Ensuring that the DSRs are fully aware and are able to implement the accounts strategy, terms and conditions and other best practice effectively
- Implementing Class of trade strategies for each brand to the best advantage for each brand in the account
- Scheduling weekly business review meetings with the Area Sales Manager to discuss sales targets, marketing ideas and problem areas, etc.
- Providing weekly activity report
- Recording daily sales activity on daily dashboard with a weekly summary for the Area Manager
- Preparing ad hoc reports where requested by the Management regarding sales, displays, promotions etc.
- Liaising with respective Area Manager regularly to identify monthly and quarterly promotional cycles and appraising their success
- Identifying key competitor activity and strategy such as new product launches, activations and promotions in the area for sharing with the sales manager
- Proposing ideas and opportunities that could be available to challenge the competitors’ activities with consideration to the financial implications and reputation of the Company
- Identifying, developing and communicating risk management plans for your area.
- A Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Business Administration or Marketing
- Must have a successful track record as a Sales Representative for at least two (2) years
- Sales experience from a busy FMCG company will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in spirits business will be added advantage
- Must have a valid driving license
- Must be willing to work in any part of the country with significant local travel
- Should be a passionate, self-confident individual that is professional and result driven
- Strong integrity and ability to work within a team
- Trendy, fashionable and well groomed
- Able to work independently within set parameters
- Good negotiation and customer relationship management skills
- Good interpersonal skills both with internal and external relationships
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Good at planning and organizing to ensure priority task management.