Job Title: Sales Representative
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 51641BR
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Job Summary: The Diageo Sales Representative will have the responsibility of achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory by effectively selling the company’s products. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve sales volume, objectives, rate of Sale driver standards in retail trade QDVPP and UBL sales force effectiveness standards in distributor sales crews.
- Ensure distributor coverage and call frequency targets are achieved
- Ensure that all promotions are implemented as per business plan, promotional compliance is maintained and penetration targets are achieved.
- Intuitively monitor competitor activities and price compliance
- Develop brand-building activities for the outlet to implement, run retail promotion activities to plan and run UBL promotional activities in outlet.
- Establish and maintain current and potential customer relationships
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely status reports, including activity, closings, follow up and adherence to goals
- Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock
- Maximise visibility of our brands in all outlets
- Make sure that the safety requirements at the work environment are adhered to.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Diageo Sales Representative must hold a business related Diploma / degree or its equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role particularly with Consumer packaged goods
- Hands-on experience working with customers at outlet level
- Past exposure and experience and tact dealing with difficult customers
- Structured sales call management skills
- Building and developing relationships with customers
- Excellent records management skills
- Self-management, initiative and discipline
How to Apply:
If you desire to join the world’s leading premium drinks business, Diageo, in the aforementioned capacity, please click web link below.