Job Title: Sales Specialist
Job Code: SS/MPC/150805
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Sales Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our client is a leader in the field of power and automation technologies with their main aim to enable utility, industry, transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact at the same time.
Job Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for selling products, systems and services within a designated market in accordance with strategy.
They will also be involved in building long term customer relationships and manage resolutions to specific customer needs and issues. Lastly, identifying and developing sales opportunities will be a key responsibility.Primary Responsibilities:
The main functions for this position are to co-operate and work jointly with the team to create sales opportunities in a designated geographical area in Kenya.
The person must be able to discuss solutions on all levels, from individual products to complex systems, including engineered solutions, service and training.
He/she also needs to be able to conceptualize and visualize proposed solutions, practically set-up and demonstrate solutions in the work shop or at customer sites.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
Volume and profit
- Sells products, systems and services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units and Product Groups.
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product, systems and services offering and align to provide a solution.
- Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Prepares sales plans using company tools.
- Performs regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Creates added value for the customer and organization by using effective sales techniques.
- Communicates details in accordance with organizations offering and strategy.
- Ensures efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities
- Identifies and drives the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows and telemarketing events.
- Participate in technology days
- Drive and coordinate the customer demo events
- Must be able to frequently visit end users at their production locations.
- Utilize ProSales in recording opportunities and sales activities.
- To be able to expand market share within designated geographical area.
- Maintaining the Gross Margin goals set out by the business unit.
- Identifying alternative routes to market in order to achieve growth.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Qualifications: BTech degree in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum Experience: 3 years’ experience in technical sales•
- Must have a passion for improving customer’s plant processes and be able to give the best possible support to them in all aspects.
- The candidate should demonstrate the kind of empathy that builds productive relationship with customers
- Need to be a self-starter with ability to think and generate conceptual solution
- Show a high level of initiative that will place him/her in the best position to meet the demands for this position
- Be able to think analytically, well organized and systematic to solve and support customer as quickly as possible, work independently as well as in a team
How to Apply
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Sales SpecialistKindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only