Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty.
Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Google, Cisco, and the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations.
Position Description: Samasource is seeking individuals who are skilled, passionate, and hungry to build the next generation of social-sector evidence to join the R&D team in the position of Research Analyst (RA).
This work is the basis for the key benefit of helping organizations translate research into practice and improving the effectiveness of social programs.
- Perform principled literature reviews of primary research studies, program evaluations, and meta-analyses– following rigorous IGP protocols – to identify and extract key details about the social interventions studied, including:
- Key program activities of the intervention
- Target outcomes and outcome measures
- Context variables, such as population characteristics and geography
- Research design and quality
- Other relevant variables as determined with the RA Team Manager
- Note: RAs will conduct these IGP literature reviews across multiple areas of social policy (e.g., Education, Health, etc.)
- Collaborate with other RAs to address questions and ensure cross-analyst consistency
- Work with the RA Team Manager to actively identify, mitigate, and escalate risks/issues in a timely and effective manner
- Solid reading comprehension skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Strong organizational skills and documentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with teams
- Committed to Sama’s values
- Previous experience in literature reviews of primary research studies, program evaluations, and meta-analyses will be advantageous.
- Previous hands-on knowledge of e-commerce projects
- Comfort using Internet search engines like Google or Bing.
- Familiarity with software like MS Office, and comfortable adapting to and learning new software and web applications.
- A successful completion of a diploma / degree course.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should apply through our website: