(Roads) Senior Superintending Engineer Jobs at Samburu County
Job Group ‘N’
The Superintending Engineer for Roads will be answerable to the Director of County transport.
Superintending Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Assess, identify and prioritize roads/transport infrastructure projects.
- Take responsibility for the time management of assigned jobs and keep an accurate daily record of the time spent on each assigned job to meet projects deadline.
- Design roads works and other road associated structures.
- Reconstruction of failed roads, upgrading gravel roads, by passes interchanges, bridges, -Non motorized traffic etc.
- Prepare BOQs and standard and tender documents.
- Supervise construction works, project management and contract Administration.
- Approval of interim payment Certificates, preparation of substantial and completion Certificates for contractors payments.
- Assist in preparation of sectoral budget plan, procurement plan and project reports.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director of County Transport.
Requirements for the Superintending Engineer Job
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Be a holder of at least a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya in Civil Engineering or in a relevant field with not less than three (3) years of experience in Public Service in the private sector.
- Demonstrate a high degree of Professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, County development objectives and vision 2030.
- Be conversant with policy formulation and implementation.
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity
How to Apply
Applications should reach the Samburu County Public Service Board on or before 14th May, 201
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:-
Samburu County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 3-20600,
Samburu County is an equal opportunity employer committed to values of inclusion and seeks diverse workforce. Women, persons with disabilities and the youth are encouraged to apply.
- Dorcas Lekisanyal
Samburu County Public Service Board
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable