Market and Financial Analysis Fellow
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment.
We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 600 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators.
We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
Since launching our first toilet, we have diversified our product and service offerings in order to reach an increasing proportion of the residents of the communities we serve.
Creation of our residential and school service delivery models has brought us closer to our goal of reaching everyone, forever. Still, we know there are people we don’t reach.
We continue to strive to reach all residents wherever they are, and whenever they need sanitation. To that end, we are developing a product and service delivery model for an in-home toilet.
Sanergy seeks a Fellow to conduct market and financial analysis to assist in determining the viability of a Sanergy in-home toilet.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team tackling unanswered questions in the sanitation/development space.
A successful candidate will have:
- Experience building financial models and gathering information on markets for which published trends are not readily available
- Comfort absorbing and processing information gathered through conversations, and ability to work independently to propose an approach to organizing and analyzing that information
- Background in management consulting or a related field would be beneficial but is not required
How to Apply
- To apply, please click on https://sanergy.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=11 to submit a cover letter and your 1-page resume/CV.
- While the 2016 Sanergy Fellows are not provided monetary compensation, the experience gleaned from their time at Sanergy will benefit them for many years to come.
- Join us in pushing the frontiers of innovation!