The job holder will report to the Head of Finance and has no direct reports.
Job purpose: The jobholder will be responsible for financial close and reporting, planning, budgeting and business analytics to support business unit decision making.
The role will also be responsible for all business unit financial forecasts, modelling, project evaluation and capital budgeting.
- Lead month-end close activities including the preparation and reviewing of journal entries and reviewing of budget-to-actual reports;
- Ensure preparation of monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts, prepare financial statements and ensure the general ledger accounts are reconciled;
- Review and sign-off of monthly journal entries and general ledger accounts and balance sheets;
- Ensure preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy;
- Lead the monthly closing process within deadlines
- Lead the review and implementation and updating of written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process;
- Ensure development and maintenance of internal controls and risk management framework over financial reporting.
- Analyse current and past financial data and performance and prepare reports and projections based on this analysis;
- Evaluate current capital expenditures and depreciation;
- Explore investment opportunities;
- Establish and evaluating profit plans;
- Identify trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Coordinate with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts; and
- Provide financial models and forecasting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field or its equivalent from a recognised institution.
- CPA/ACCA or its equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of six (6) years’ relevant experience. Experience in the insurance industry will be an added advantage.
- Expert-level analytical and financial modelling skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA;
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good planning and organizational skills; and
- Excellent report writing skills.
How to Apply
- If your career aspiration matches this exciting opportunity, please submit your detailed CV and covering letter addressed to Head of Executive Search and Selection, thinkPeople Consulting Limited, through email address [email protected] by cob Monday 17 October 2016.
- The job title “Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting, Planning and Analytics” should be clearly indicated as the email reference.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.