Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Responsible for providing IT Operations support to country office IT leads in East and Southern Africa. This will include coaching, mentoring Country IT Staff, responding to IT support requests via Service Desk (JIRA), email, phone call or verbal reports, trouble shooting and performing assigned IT Operations projects.
Contract Duration: 2 years
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Information Technology or related field with minimum 5 years of work experience.
- Familiarity with network infrastructure and operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Windows Servers and client operating systems (Windows XP, 7,8 and 10).
- Well versed in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Skype for Business, SharePoint Online spaces.
- Familiar with Microsoft technologies, Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, Switches, Wireless, Routers and Firewall.
- Knowledge to operate most ICT and office equipment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficu Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- The ability to work closely in a team, patience, adaptable, flexible, ability to improvise and work in an environment that is often stressful and potentially volatile.
- Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs