Save the Children Job Vacancy : Project Manager – Coding
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to be based in our Nairobi office.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a talented team working on a project for the design and deployment of a new financial coding structure for Save the Children.
In this role you will:
- Lead the management of strategic projects working within a Waterfall / Prince / Agile methodology to deliver agreed benefits
- Business partner senior level stakeholders and influence project definition and scope, to ensure translation into a viable project.
- Ensure that projects are aligned with strategic goals and are supported by sound business cases
- Proactively identify and manage project risks; and monitor and drive the resolution of issues
- Work closely with our Change and Deployment team, to ensure success
In order to be successful you will bring:
- An extensive track record of successfully managing large and complex change projects and programmes including organisational change, software development and infrastructure activities in a multinational environment
- Demonstrable experience and in-depth knowledge of programme and project priorities and standards (SCRUM, and others like Prince2 etc.)
- Demonstrable skills in managing and reporting complex projects within a Portfolio office / PMO structure
- Comprehensive management and influencing skills with experience of working with senior level executives
- A technical understanding of IT infrastructure and technology development / deployment preferably in web/cloud based solution
- Experience of project managing the deployment of financial, HR, CRM and/or supply chain systems is desirable
On a personal level you will have a strong results orientation, excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, cultural awareness and a collaborative approach.
The role offers a competitive national package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 17,000 people and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those who need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise childrens rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
How to Apply
Save the Children Job Vacancy : Senior Global Auditor
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Global Assurance function supports the Board of Save the Children International and its management by evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management, control and oversight systems in place.
The role holder will be expected to confidently and capably lead on, or be part of a global team delivering high quality, outcomes-focussed internal audit assignments, reviews, investigations and other work assigned to them to meet agreed professional standards and stakeholder expectations, on time and within budget. Building credibility through effective collaboration and a solutions-driven approach to internal audit are key to this role.
They will be expected to produce high quality, value-adding audit reports in English that are clear, concise, timely and solutions-driven. Leading by example, they will also be expected to maintain strong professional relationships across the organisation, working in real partnership with their team and across the business, ensuring that they keep up-to-date with changes and events that have a significant impact on the risk profile of actual as well as potential assignments. The role holder will also be expected to contribute to the development and implementation of any Global Assurance improvement plans.
Contract Duration: 2 years
Location: London/Asia/Africa with up to 70% travel
- Strong experience of conducting risk-based reviews of systems and processes (with a good understanding of the three lines of defence model), identifying weaknesses and areas of improvements with minimum supervision and support
- A demonstrable ability to focus on key issues, enabling auditees to focus on crucial matters of control and oversight
- Be highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
- Have strong experience in producing high quality effective written communication e.g. reports, in English
- Have exceptional communication skills and is able to articulate effectively at all levels (in English).
- Have strong interpersonal communication and coaching skills including a demonstrable ability to deliver difficult messages with tact and confidence
- Have a strong orientation for results, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
- Proves to be a reliable team leader, effectively supporting the GA Manager(s)
- Be willing to undertake high amount of travel overseas and work with minimum supervision under difficult conditions in some of the most underdeveloped, insecure and remote parts of the world
- Have a strong cultural awareness and be able to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Be able to demonstrate standards of ethics and integrity
- Be committed to Save the Children values
- Have experience of evaluating systems and processes, identifying weaknesses and areas of improvements
- Have extensive experience in relevant operational areas (e.g. in programme/project management in an INGO context) and be willing to learn the appropriate audit skills
- Have INGO experience or have worked in a commercial/public sector international organisation
- Have some experience of grant requirements of major donors such as USAID, EC/ECHO, DfID and the UN
- Have a financial analysis aptitude
- Have some experience of Agresso financial software
- Have some experience of IT audit
- Proficiency in a second core language of Save the Children (French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic)
How to Apply