Education in Emergencies Specialist Job at Save The Children
The EiE specialist will be expected to lead on sectoral assessment, programme design and master-budgeting, coordination (including the Cluster), and support fundraising, recruitment and procurement liaising and linking with other sectors as appropriate.
The post-holder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity build existing education staff specifically engaged in humanitarian programme and the EIE working groups
Contract Duration: 12 Months. Location: Mogadisho, Somalia
Qualifications for the Education in Emergencies Specialist Job
- Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience managing Emergency Education programmes, particularly in a camp context.
- Significant management experience working in an emergency response contexts or fragile states
- Previous first phase emergency response experience
- Previous first phase emergency response experience is essential
- Demonstrated experience in leading assessment activities and of designing, managing, monitoring and evaluating education programmes in emergencies for international NGOs.
- Experience of applying relevant interagency humanitarian frameworks and standards in education in emergencies (for example INEE Minimum Standards)
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Previous experience of project management
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to work both in an TS and a hands on implementation capacity
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
- Experience of representation, including Cluster coordination, and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Experience of preparing successful funding proposals for donors
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English Language
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC . In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in Somalia
- Somali Language is an asset for this position
- Specific experience of designing and managing DFID, ECHO and UNICEF projects
- Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
How to Apply
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Closing date: Monday 3 April 2017.