Save The Children Fraud Data Analyst Job in Kenya,Salary over Ksh 120,000
Fraud Data Analyst
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The role is anchored in the fraud strategy, working as part of a Global Fraud team to support SCI’s Senior Leadership Team, Trustees and SC Members in discharging their responsibilities in promoting and embedding a zero-tolerance policy towards fraud, bribery and corruption.
The individual will work closely with the Head of Fraud to ensure the continued development and embedding of an efficient and effective counter fraud framework and culture in the region, specifically:
- Support the Head of Fraud in developing a proactive approach to fraud prevention and detection through data analytics;
- Staying alert to emerging fraud trends in the sector and adapting analytical routines to address the new risks;
- Be responsible for producing fraud ‘heat maps’ as and when necessary to support the information requirements of the Head of Fraud, SCI SLT and other stakeholders; and
- From time to time, support ongoing investigations that require specialist skills in data analysis, visualization.
In the event of a significant or major event, the post-holder maybe expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly. The post-holder may be required to get involved in special projects within the fraud function as appropriate.
Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Bachelor’s degree / formal qualification in a relevant field
- Has at least three years relevant experience (audit/risk/investigatory) applicable to the role with knowledge of common analytical tools.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to identify fraud risk areas in complex operational environments from both structured (financial systems) and unstructured data (conversations, investigation reports, complaints etc.);
- A demonstrable ability to take a pragmatic approach to fraud management in environments where poor skills capacity, high insecurity, lack of funding and technology, political instability and cultural differences exist;
- A proven experience in using data analytics tools in an audit/risk/investigatory setting to identify and address red flags.
- Excellent communicator and facilitator, able to clearly and confidently articulate and present findings with impact;
- Strong negotiating skills to influence all levels of staff, showing ability to work collaboratively and with peers from different departments;
- Experience of working within an international development setting.,
- The ability to undertake occasional overseas travel;
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Commitment to Save the Children values; and
- The existing right to work in Kenya
- Membership of a professional anti-fraud body and/or professional data analytics certification.
- Knowledge of SCI systems including Agresso, TIM, ER/CAM, PPM Prime, Datix etc.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents