To lead and manage the finance team in ensuring; the integrity of finance systems, that controls and procedures are robust, timely and accurate production and analysis of financial management information and accurate payroll administration.
Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programs delivered both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH.
In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined the programs of SC UK, SC Canada and SC Finland to create a single operation in Kenya. In Feb 2014, we completed a second transition, which saw us join forces with the British INGO, Merlin, and merge their health and nutrition programs with our own.
Save the Children now has an operational presence in Bungoma, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Garissa, Mandera, Turkana and Wajir and we work through partners in many other parts of the country. In 2016, Save the Children established a new project office in Madagascar whose operations are managed by the Kenya CO.
In total, we employ around 250 staff in both countries and had an operating annual budget in 2016 of approximately US$17.5million.
Staff directly reporting to this post: Financial Accounting Officer (2), Field Coordinators (6), Finance Assistant (1)
Roles for the Finance Manager Job
- Assist the FD in management of the NAF by ensuring that costs relates to donors are recharged to SOFS once they are active and activities budgeted in NAF are actioned to ensure optimal usage of the NAF
- Facilitates in budget development and need of the finance department
- Participates in BVA meetings to ensure that payments , commitments and accruals are well managed in relation to donor expenditures
- Analyses financial spend and trends and Advices the SMT on cost efficiency in operations
- Provides information to the FD on issues arising from Interdepartmental meetings that relate to budget allocations for various needs for the departments
- Reviews Annual budgets , Q1,Q2 budgeting from the field offices for onward transmission to
- Back stops for the Budget and reporting manager
Finance Manager Job Qualifications
- At least five year’s progressive INGO experience two of which are in financial management position.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Finance /Accounting (or equivalent certification and experience) and recognized Accounting qualification CPA or ACCA
- Experience of working in an emergency response or set up
- Ability to oversee implementation of new procedures and controls
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
- Proven skills on managing changes, achieving results, ensuring quality, team building and capacity building.
- Strong computer skills, Excel, Word and Accounting packages
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure as part of a professional team.
- Willingness to travel to field offices occasionally
- INGO experience
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, preferred
- Commitment to Save the Children values
How to Apply
The application process is now open. To apply for these positions visit the SCI Kenya Website: https://kenya.savethechildren.net/jobs.
The system allows CVs & Cover letter as One(1) document. Applicants are advised to indicate their preferred Locations. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.