Internal Auditor Job at Save the Children
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Internal Auditor Job Qualifications
- Bachelors of Commerce degree in Finance or equivalent.
- Professional qualifications in Accounting (CPA part III or ACCA II).
- Recommended a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Auditing, Awards (Grants) management or donor compliance.
- Proven knowledge of compliance regulations for all major donors; USAID, EC, ECHO, DFID, UN bodies.
- Strong working computer skills especially in accounting packages.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Have strong report writing skills.
- Willingness to undertake high amount of travel to field locations (up to 50%).
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://savethechildren.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=001381&lang=en