Applicants are invited to apply for SBM Undergraduate Scholarships at post-secondary institutions in Mauritius, recognized by the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC). These scholarships are awarded on the basis of excellence and need only to the applicants of Mauritius.
SBM Scholarship Scheme aims to provide an opportunity to bright students from low-income households (less than Rs 15,000) to pursue their studies so that they may aspire to a brighter future.
The SBM Scholarship Scheme is meant for bright students in need of financial support to pursue further studies. The idea is to provide scholarships to needy students with family household income of less than Rs 15,000 per month.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate courses
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the following:
- Full scholarship for students attending or admitted in undergraduate courses at post-secondary institutions in Mauritius, recognized by the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC).
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Mauritius
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be citizens and residents of the Republic of Mauritius
- Meet the minimum entry requirements of the course proposed (e.g. a good HSC or equivalent for degree courses)
- Come from a family whose household income does not exceed Rs 15,000 monthly or who come either from a family registered under the Social Register of Mauritius or from vulnerable groups as defined by the National CSR Foundation Charter 2017
- NOT be children of SBM employees
- NOT have benefited from any other scholarship for the same course / programme
- Candidates should hold a firm offer of a seat in a recognized higher education institution in Mauritius for a full-time programme of not less than the equivalent of one academic/full year of study. As far as possible, students should be admitted or hold a firm offer of admission to public Tertiary Education Institutions. In case a programme is not being offered in public institutions, students may enroll in private ones recognized by the TEC.
- Candidates should be less than 25 years of age by the closing date of submission of application and not be in employment.
Nationality: Mauritius applicants are eligible for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must meet the minimum entry requirements of the course proposed (e.g. a good HSC or equivalent for degree courses.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- Application form duly filled in, where applicable.
- Letter of motivation.
- Copy of birth certificate of applicant and his/her parents and their marriage certificate.
- Certified copies of results of SC/O level and HSC/International Baccalaureate or equivalent, and any other relevant qualifications held.
- Copy of letter of offer/evidence of enrolment specifying nature of course and course title/evidence of having secured a seat in a recognized higher educational institution in Mauritius.
- Testimonials from two referees, who know the candidate personally. At least one of the referees must be familiar with the academic record of the candidate.
- Evidence that his/her family household income does not exceed Rs 15,000 per month or he/she comes either from a family registered under the Social Register of Mauritius or from vulnerable groups as defined by the National CSR Foundation Charter 2017.
- Evidence from the Ministry of Social Security that applicant is registered under the Social Register of Mauritius (if applicable).
- Evidence from the Ministry of Social Security or the National Council for the Rehabilitation of the Disabled (NCRD) that applicant benefits from a Basic Invalidity Pension (if applicable).
- Proof of address (copy of a recent utility bill, less than 3 months old).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.