The Finance Administrative Assistant will join our Kenya team based in Nairobi. This is a support and operational role in a highly dynamic team. The role will be expected to contribute to the finance function by providing efficient and professional support to the team and undertaking other Finance related functions such as preparation of Board papers, Annual Reports and Quarterly reports published in line with CBK requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Finance Administrative Assistant will join our Kenya team based in Nairobi. This is a support and operational role in a highly dynamic team. The role will be expected to contribute to the finance function by:
- Providing professional and efficient support and administrative services to Executive Director, Finance (EDF) and the Finance Team;
- Developing and maintaining office systems and procedures necessary in ensuring efficient running of core activities in the department;
- Providing support in the preparation of Finance reports for both internal and external consumption;
- Driving the Finance CSR agenda;
- Maintaining sound controls in areas of responsibility in line with the financial controls policy (FCP).
Qualifications and Skills
- Receive and manage EDF’s mail including drafting responses to business letters maintaining confidentiality at all times;
- Arrange, coordinate and organise meetings for EDF with internal and external stakeholders ensuring that all relevant documentation is distributed in good time;
- Make travel and hotel bookings, airport transfers and itinerary for EDF and Finance staff including making arrangements for additional travel requirements e.g. visas, inoculations, etc.;
- Maintain finance records (leave, JDs, DOIs, SLAs, e-learning) ensuring they are kept current and audit ready;
- Maintain a proper physical and electronic filing and retrieval system that is effective and efficient;
- Maintain and account for petty cash for the department.
- Scrutinize memos and invoices to ensure that all relevant information is provided prior to forwarding to EDF/FC for approval and maintain an accurate and complete log of all documents submitted to Finance;
- Support the preparation and timely submission of quarterly board papers;
- Support the preparation and timely publication of the audited annual report and quarterly results publications;
- Support the preparation and timely submission of packs for CMT, RMT and Group Executive meetings;
- Maintain competitor analysis database;
- Collate Finance initiatives and achievements for input into monthly Finance dashboard for CMT;
- Carry out timely and accurate Key Control Standards (KCS), Key Control Self Assessment (KCSA) and Operational Risk Framework (ORF) submissions and maintain documents/evidence for substantiation;
- Prepare reconciliation of GL accounts under the ownership of finance within FCP timelines, and maintain adequate evidence for substantiation;
- Support Finance Operations including payments processing, imprest, supplier statement reconciliations, and suspense accounts reconciliations;
- Key member of Finance CSR committee responsible for driving the CSR commitments made by the Finance leadership team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here