Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of €26.6 billion in FY2015, our 185,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies will reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
The role will be responsible for developing, communicating and implementing the company’s health, safety, environment and security policies, directives, procedures and programs. The Health, Safety, Environment & Security Co-ordinator will also be expected to provide a high level advice and recommendation to the senior leadership team and projects operating within East Africa.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve strategies for successful deployment of security strategies on major projects and the Schneider Electric offices
- Conduct internal and external audits, training and communication on security topics (raising awareness and level of practices).
- Crisis Management (assistance in the implementation of local emergency response plans and deliver training whenever necessary). Lead local crisis management teams and actively support the Schneider Electric Emergency Co-ordination Centre (SEECC) in the event of a crisis/emergency event.
- Engage with security services from the commercial sector and identify areas of opportunity to minimise and streamline security expenditure.
- Build strong networks and relationships with clients, local and governmental agencies and foreign embassies.
- Provide security support to travel undertaken in medium and high risk countries by assessing the nature of the risks, designing and deploying security plans in support of travel in a risk mitigated environment.
- Support ongoing operations with appropriate advice, industry knowledge and direction that assists local management to comply with internal documentation, national regulations, local and international standards.
- Integrate with sales and project teams who are undertaking fee submittals in high risk locations to assess the nature of security provisions required in support of the project.
- Assess compliance of clients’ security plans in the event they are used to provide protection to business travellers and/or company employees deployed on a project.
- Provide regular emergency security risk and security foresight briefs to country leadership team and business leads on an adhoc basis as events unfold.
- Assist the bureau of investigations (Global Security) with internal fraud and investigations.
- Maintain oversight of all business travellers in-country, to include travel validation and active monitoring of employees travelling in high risk travel destinations.
- Manage the emergency evacuation process for all expatriate employees and business travellers in country should events dictate. Local evacuation plans to be developed and implemented where necessary. Health, Safety and Environment
- To develop and implement the Health, Safety & Environmental system, to meet the requirements of Occupation Safety and Health Act (OSHA) 2007.
- To support the responsible person on each site with activities in the workplace to ensure work practices are aligned towards the attainment of Health, Safety and Environmental objectives.
- To develop and manage a Health, Safety and Environmental management programme within the set time scales.
- Implement preventative measures to mitigate risks and communicate the same to the employees
- To develop and maintain hazard and risk registers in all areas to enable the prioritization of identified risks with actions to minimize risk thereby continuously improving the system.
- To act as the correspondent to the International Operating Division on Safety, Health and Environmental matters and provide feedback on performance of the System.
- To create awareness amongst employees of the Health, Safety and Environmental system through training and constant communication in order to minimize risk.
- To implement and manage the internal audit programme on health and safety.
- Strong leadership ability and team collaboration
- Good level of problem solving, influencing and communication skills
- Assertive with a high attention to detail
- Ability to undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc.
Skills And Experience
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively while delivering under pressure
- Must have strong communication skills – both written and verbal, and must be able to build a strong and high level security network.
- Proven track record of implementing and managing security initiatives in a multi-country environment and across various business groups.
- Ability to work in groups, lead groups and assist others with solution events, across business divisions and working with other cultures. Must be an advocate of cultural diversity and possess a ‘global mind-set’.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Security Management/Health, Safety & Environment
- High calibre security professional with a minimum of 7 years’ experience within a corporate/business environment, government service, loss prevention, or military security experience at a senior level.
- Relevant industry professional certification and experience.
- Sound knowledge and legal application of relevant legislations e.g. OSHA 2007
- Added advantage: Experience in Risk Management Best Practice and Internal auditing of Health, Safety & Environmental Systems
- Proficient in Information Technology
Enterprise Account Manager
- Experience5 years
- Job Field Sales / Marketing
- Set goals and objectives, develop sales/business plans, establishes strategies, develops account profiles and executes inside sales plan. Leads account teams on the highest-level accounts.
- Applies excellent market and account skills necessary for dealing with specific, high-level target audiences.
- Identifies and develops account penetration strategies which will increase SE customer’s profitability.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction through in-depth knowledge of customer’s organization, mutually trusting relationship and account dedication.
- Develops partnering and other account penetration strategies based on growing customer’s profitability.
- Setting up and updating the portfolio of projects and input of data in the necessary communication channel (Bridge Front Office).
- Utilizes comprehensive product, competitor and customer knowledge to act as a consultant to high-level customer contacts regarding customer’s long-range profitability goals and growth.
- Assist tendering team by providing right pricing information in the market place including competitor activities.
- Identifying new requests for tender and taking necessary actions before closing date.
- Mapping out a commercial strategy that will boost the overall Business for Schneider Electric.
- His/her focus is to organize and setup his/her work in orderto reach the sales target given by his manager.
Experience Skills and Experience:
- Ability to build an environment and relationship of trust and credibility with customers, understanding customer needs and goal alignment, developing rapport with key contacts.
- Has an understanding of the overall structure of the Banking/Finance sector in East Africa and thereby offers right solution for the right requirement that is measurable on a quarterly basis.
- Ability to understand the customer’s technical and application needs, in order to promote the appropriate SE offer that meets the customer requirements
- Ability to understand the customer needs and to position their needs in the value chain and competitive environment (market and competitors), in order to best promote Schneider Electric in the local market.
- Ability to evaluate customer potential and to target customers (penetration, attractiveness, accessibility), in order to best allocate resources, verify opportunities and build customer action/ business plan.
- Undergraduate degree with 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge and experience in the IT field will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.