ORGANISATION: KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Kigali Christian School is a Private Christian School owned and operated by Youth for Christ/Rwanda which is a missionary movement entrusted with a global vision and committed to a mission of youth evangelism, discipleship, social involvement and leadership development.
In its Strategies, Youth for Christ/Rwanda reaches the youth through Education and thus started and owns KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL.
It is against this back ground that Youth for Christ/Rwanda wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the position of A1 or A0 School Nurse with at least 5years of experience in that career.
Job Title: School Nurse – Full Time, One Position
Job summary: To insure that the health of KCS students is well cared, particularly for residential life students. She is the one to promoting the wellness by performing a wide range of services. Mainly, she focuses on physical and emotional caring, educating students and possibly their family members about early recovery and ways of prevention of diseases. She also assesses students’ health problems and needs, develop and execute nursing care plans, and uphold medical records.
Supervisor(s): Residential Life Director, School Principal
Faith and behaviors Requirements:
Faith – Follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in a local church.
Behaviour – Self-Disciplined and teachable. Personal integrity in both professinal and private life.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Passion to serve and work hard,
- University Degree Nursing;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Fluent in English;
- Able to communicate with French and Kinyarwanda;
- How to motivate and care about others;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on care to patients by administering medications,
- Managing intravenous lines,
- Observing and monitoring patients’ conditions,
- Maintaining records and communicating with doctors,
- Provide physical and emotional support to patients.
- Educate patients and the general public on disease management, special diet plans and medical conditions,
- Help patients and their families understand how to manage their diseases or health issues and provide information on home care after their treatment.
- Provide nursing care and physical screening to students; assess students and implement first aid measures for students as needed,
- Assume responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management, and referral activities for students,
- Counsel with students concerning problems such as pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and substance abuse in order to facilitate responsible decision making practices,
- Implement and record required screening programs; notify parents when further medical evaluation is indicated,
- Establish and update health and immunization records,
- Prepare and maintain student clinic records and prepare required reports,
- Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed,
- Develop Individual Health Care Plans for students on a case by case basis,
- Study physical examinations for students in the child study process,
- Orient the staff and teach specific medical procedures for the evaluation and maintenance of the medically involved student in the classroom,
- Present, train and maintain appropriate standards regarding contact with, and possible exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious body materials within the school or employment setting,
- Provide health education and anticipatory counseling,
- Follow procedures for suspected cases of child abuse and neglect,
- Act as a liaison between the school, home health department professionals, and other community agencies,
- Coordinate presentations by various agencies and professionals on pertinent health care topics for school staff,
- Maintain clinic equipment and assesses the need for consumable supplies on an annual basis,
- Authorize the students to see the doctor outside the school,
- Perform related work as required.
Note that the school nurse will reside in the compound of KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications addressed to the National Director, Youth For Christ/Rwanda at the school head office at Kibagabaga not later than 13th May 2016 including:
- Application letter;
- Curriculum Vitae bearing at least three referees;
- Recommendation letter from the church;
- Copies of academic credentials;
- Photocopy of Identity Card.
Done at Kigali on 29/04/2016
By, RUGWIZANGOGA Diogène
Finance & Administration Manager, KCS