This program is funded by the Schulich Foundation and Co-Administered by UJA Federation of Greater Toronto.
The Schulich Leader Scholarships is a Canadian and Israeli undergraduate award program that provides scholarships for students enrolled in STEM areas of study.
Course Level: Scholarships are awarded to study undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available for pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) at partner universities.
Scholarship Award: Twenty-five scholarships, valued at $100,000 each, are designated for students pursuing an engineering degree. Twenty-five scholarships, valued at $80,000 each, are designated for students studying science, technology or math.
Number of Scholarships: 50 scholarships are awarded each year.
Scholarship can be taken in Canada and Israel
Eligibility: Schulich Leader Scholarships are open to all graduating high school or Cégep students across Canada who have an interest in pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) at one of their partner universities.
Students must demonstrate 2 of 3 selection criteria: Academic excellence, Outstanding community, business or entrepreneurial leadership and Financial need and
New For 2017 – Entrepreneurial minded, intending to pursue a career in Technology, Innovation, Engineering and Scientific Research (Research into questions posed by scientific theories and hypotheses)
In addition, to qualify Nominees must:
- Graduate high school or Cegep in 2016/2017 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Enroll at one of partner universities
New For 2017 – Foundation is not looking for students pursuing careers in Medicine (Practicing Physician) and Medical Research (Research conducted to aid and support the development of knowledge in the field of medicine)
Nationality: Canadian students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted electronically.
The Schulich Leader Nominee application requests the following:
- Name and contact information of the high school / Cégep
- Name and contact information of the Nominee
Once a Schulich Leader Nominee application is verified, the Nominee is emailed the Schulich Leader scholarship application link. On this application the Nominee is required to do the following:
- Select the universities where they would like to attend
- List their top three achievements (academic or other)
- Write a 600-word essay demonstrating why they would make a great Schulich Leader
- Write an optional essay to outline extenuating circumstances
- Upload two letters of reference (at least one from a school staff member)
- -letters must be maximum one page in length, addressed to the Schulich Leader Scholarships Selection Committee, and include Referee telephone number and email address for verification purposes
- Upload an up-to-date transcript or credit counsel summary
- Upload a headshot profile image for marketing purposes
February 1, 2017-Deadline for school to submit a Nominee
February 22, 2017-Deadline for Nominee to submit Schulich Leader scholarship application