- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The National Youth Council is established under the National Youth Council Act, 2009 to give meaningful opportunities to young men and women to reach their full potential both as individuals and as active members in the society.
The Council wishes to fill the post of Secretary / Chief Executive Officer.
- The Secretary/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be the accounting officer of the National Youth Council.
- The CEO will report to the Council and will be in charge of the day to day administration and management of the affairs of the Council.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:
Secretary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating the implementation of the Councils strategic plans and realization of its objectives in promoting the youth agenda;
- Ensuring prudent management of resources and assets of the Council;
- Convening and ensuring proper conduct is upheld during Council meetings;
- Ensuring Council’s decisions are implemented and reported on time;
- Liaising with strategic development partners to support and fund youth programmes, activities and other valuable
- Serving as a link between the Council and Government and other policy making organizations to further the youth Agenda;
- Promoting research and development on youth issues;
- Promoting effective communication, management and administrative policies and systems;
- Ensuring that regular financial audit is conducted and recommendations addressed effectively;
- Developing and implementing effective monitoring and evaluation mechanisms in the Council;
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned by the Council.
Specifications for Secretary Job
For appointment to this post, a candidate must have:
- At least three (3) years relevant and proven work experience in a reputable organization;
- Proven managerial experience of at least three (3) years;
- Experience in youth development work;
- A Bachelors degree from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- A Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Administration, Gender/Development studies, Economics, Education, Business Management, Finance or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
Membership in a professional body/association will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must be below the age of 35 years.
Interested candidates must attach clearance certificates from:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Commission for University Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya;
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good conduct); and
- An Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
Applications in a sealed envelope together with copies of detailed curriculum vitae, names of and contacts of three referees, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identification card or Kenyan passport and other supporting documents should be sent to the undersigned on or before 14th September, 2016. Apply to: The Chairman, National Youth Council 8th Floor Bruce House P.O Box 37899-00100, Nairobi