The European Union Delegation to the Republic of Kenya is looking for a Secretary Ref: 15/08/2015
We are The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations.
Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an Embassy.
The EU Delegation in Nairobi is one of the world’s largest European Union Delegations.The EU Delegation to Kenya ensures the representation of the EU to Kenya, analyses Kenya’s politics, economics, social, development and foreign policies and implements EU development aid while promoting and defending the values and interests of the EU.
We are looking for A secretary to provide administrative support to the Administration section as well as other sections in both Delegation Kenya & Somalia.Main Responsibilities
Coordinate and arrange meetings;
Draft meeting minutes and contribute to meeting reports;
Arrange and/coordinate logistics for missions;
Arrange and/coordinate logistics for visitors;
Analyse/sort and dispatch incoming and outgoing correspondences in a timely manner, upon general instruction from the Head of Section;
Prepare the archiving files;
Coordinate logistics arrangements and administrative issues;
Any other tasks as requested by Head of Delegation and/or Head of Section
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education; Diploma Level in Secretarial/Administration Studies or equivalent.
- At least 5 years working experience as a secretary and/or administrative assistant – of which at least one year in an International Organisation or Diplomatic Mission.
- Specific knowledge of the EU working procedures will be an advantage.
- Specific knowledge of and experience in UN environment will be an advantage.
- Excellent IT knowledge in MS Office and skills in document management (filing/archiving).
- Excellent written and spoken English (working language).
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills and ability to develop and maintain networks of contacts.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, counterparts from EU member states, UN agencies and third countries, and other stakeholders, and ability to adapt well to a multi-cultural environment.
- Personal initiative and ability to focus on priorities and meet deadlines.
- Open, flexible personality; excellent ability to perform duties with accuracy within a given deadline.
- A high degree of integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information is required
- The position is based in Nairobi for an unlimited duration subject to three-month probation. As an indication, the monthly basic salary starts at KShs. 157,922 (subject to local tax law). Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.The position is open to nationals and residents of Kenya with a valid work permit (compulsory).
How to Apply
Please send your motivation letter and detailed CV in the EU FORMAT (compulsory) addressed to the Head of Administration using [email protected] by 14 August 2015, midnight and should have in the subject line “Secretary to the Administration section”.Only Short-listed Candidates will be contacted.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to the provided email address.
Deadline for applications is 14 August 2015, midnight