Sector Project Management Internship at Cytonn Investments
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the high-growth East-African region.
Cytonn Real Estate (CRE), which is the developing arm of Cytonn Investments, is the leading real estate developer in the region with over Kshs. 70 billion of projects under mandate across 14 different projects. In addition to the current deal pipeline focussed on residential, commercial, mixed used and master planned development, CRE, in collaboration with our Private Equity business, is diversifying into real estate tailored to the following sectors:
- Education facilities and schools
- Hospitality – 3-star hotels, serviced apartments and restaurants
We are seeking highly motivated, self-driven, team players to participate in an intense 12 weeks training and analyst work in the sectors mentioned above.
The position will afford successful individuals a unique opportunity to participate in the Cytonn Young Leaders Program, www.cytonn.com/cylp .
Project Management Internship Duties, Responsibilities & Areas of Learning
- Work in collaboration with real estate research team and the investment team to conduct investment opportunity analysis on potential deals in their respective sectors of specialization,
- Work in collaboration with the project finance team to analyse and do financial appraisal for these opportunities,
- Market segmentation and demand-supply analysis for these sectors,
- Preparation of all project budgets, cash flow forecasts and detailed financial models,
- Strategic positioning of projects for partnership with key players in the industry,
- Monitor the progress of projects in their specific sectors,
- Administration and supervision of projects that fall under specific sectors,
- Updating of the project progress, cash flow and returns,
- Develop weekly progress reporting on all projects in the respective sectors on a timely basis,
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned,
- Reporting on weekly basis,
Qualifications for Project Management Internship
- An undergraduate with a minimum qualification of a B+ in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE),
- A graduate level student with a minimum of Second Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable University,
- Knowledge of investment analysis as far as determining risk and returns is concerned,
- An understanding of property markets & trends,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Detail-oriented and highly organized,
- Readiness and ability to meet strict deadlines,
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform duties with minimum supervision
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges,
- Availability on a fulltime basis with high levels of energy, enthusiasm and ability to work long hours and under pressure,
- An accounting or investment professional qualification will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page HERE and upload your application letter and current CV by end of day on the 27th of July 2016. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.