Job Title: Field Officers
Is This You?
- Do you love learning new things?
- Does your appearance and grooming matter to you?
- Do you consider less is more only when more is too much?
- Do you love talking and sharing experiences?
- Do you like the latest gadgets?
- Is your eye for details comparable with an eagle’s?
- Does losing bother you?
- Do you dream big?
If your answer to 80% of the questions above is yes, we are looking for you.
At Securex we are big on attitude.
We are looking for aggressive individuals who will ensure compliance and correct implementation of the organisations standards in their respective area of operation, as well as act as operational client facing liaisons.
The Roles & Responsibilities
- Look at the corporate branding of every assignment ranging from the guards to the signs and equipment on site.
- Supervise the day to day security operations of deployment, supervision and allocation of duties as required at the client sites.
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising the day-to- day team effort of Supervisors and other assigned personnel to ensure that services are delivered in a quality and cost effective manner within their assigned area of operation.
- Ensure proper channels of communication exist and are enforced between the zone teams and zone management.
- To perform spot checks on MRTs, Supervisors and Guards in their respective areas.
- Oversee compliance of Guards with established company policies and standards such as Health and Safety, security measures being in place and training of guards.
- Responsible for ensuring all employees portray a corporate brand image through inspections of guarding uniforms, company vehicles, motor bikes and equipment.
- Ensure the correct level and standard of equipment, uniform and PPE is issued and used by Securex employees.
- Ensure all sites have Assignment Instructions and are clearly displayed in a professional manner.
- Investigate incidents and prepare Incident reports within 18 hours of an incident.
- Conduct regular security site surveys by inspecting premises to ensure adequate security is available and that all physical facilities comply with Health and safety and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Upon instruction carryout SVAs Security Vulnerability Assessments.
- Receive and review SVAs/Tasking’s given by the Zone Manager, prepare a scheme of work, giving timelines and budgetary constraints as a minimum.
- Once approval of the scheme of work has been given by the Zone Manager (continuous progress reports need to be given to the Senior Operations Manager throughout the tasking), liaison with relevant departments regarding the tasking can begin.
- Seek new business opportunities within the tasking which may not have been captured at point of sale.
- Draft the assignment instructions and present to you Zone Manager (the Zone Manager will give approval/disapproval) ensuring all areas of the assignment are covered. If specific assignment needs and assistance is needed from the training team then the Zone Manager is to inform the Senior Operations Manager of this need.
- Assist the Training Team with any specific to assignment training requirements to ensure the company are meeting the client’s needs.
- Act as liaison between the organisation and the customer to foster customer attention by attending meetings personally, address any nonconformity issues identified.
- Inform the client in writing when their guards are proceeding for leave, as well as presenting the replacement guard.
- Liaise with police in investigations as may be required from time to time
- Exceptional client facing skillsets.
- A security professional with a proven track recorded in security management, planning and coordinating.
- An ability to carry out scope of work and produce the relevant level of paperwork to support such schemes.
- Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trusted base relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- A sound working knowledge of security best practice and legislation affecting the security role.
- Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills.
- An intermediate level of IT skills with a very good working knowledge of the range of MS Office packages.
- Good knowledge of technology driven security solutions as well as a willingness to continually upgrade that knowledge.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills, with a “hands on”, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents, pro-active and self-motivated.
- An ability to work as part of team and also have the ability to lead teams.
- Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing business cases and compiling and adjusting requirements to meet shortfalls in staffing levels.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail, with a consulting mindset.
- Understanding financial practices such as cost control and budgeting, demonstrating financial acumen in all decision making.
- Must have the highest level of integrity, vigilant and of sound judgement.
- Should be unrelenting in the pursuit of excellence, ensuring to lead by setting the standards.
Qualifications / Experience
- Diploma in relevant field with a view of pursuing a Degree in the short term future.
- A minimum of six years in high level security with a minimum of two years in security tasking management.
- A recognised teaching or instructor qualification.
- Working knowledge of multiple security functions and security driven technology solutions.
- Needs to hold a Motorbike licence with a minimum of 2 years riding experience, or a willingness to undergo Motorbike training.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] clearly indicating on the email heading: ‘Application for the role of Field Officer.
Application deadline is COB 30th September 2016
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.