Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
Direct Reports: N/A
Purpose of Job: The Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing support on the implementation of the organizations policies in the identification, acquisition and retention of required skills, co-ordinate, support and advice the Business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety.
To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within Securex Agencies Limited are adhered to
- Managing employee relations by ensuring fair and quick settlement of grievances and disputes.
- Leading in the interpretation and application of the labour laws and Company regulations
- Providing appropriate advice and guidelines on all disciplinary matters
- Liaising with appropriate regulatory and statutory bodies to ensure compliance and appropriate reporting
- Managing and monitoring the administration of Staff welfare programs
- Management of medical insurance & pension scheme
- Monitoring of working conditions in liaison with the sector union and labour office
- Industrial Relations
- Maintain official staff personnel files and ensure updated HRIS
- Assist in the design, development and delivery of strategic and operation HR services of the Organization
- Ensure that enquiries in HR office are dealt with promptly and courteously
- Communicate all training dates and updates
- Ensure completed training records and updated in HRIS
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Computing terminal dues for uniformed employees who have separated.
- Preparing disciplinary correspondence for uniformed staff and updating in easy roster
- Preparing general correspondence for the uniformed staff i.e. retirement, NSSF, WIBA, Bank accounts.
- Interview of recruits and Recruitment of new guards.
- Preparing and submitting mid-month, end month payroll returns.
- Preparing the annual leave roaster for the uniformed staff and the cash listing for employees proceeding on leave i.e. uniform refund, travel allowance and advance
- Preparing guards leave letters every month.
- Processing of employee claims as per complains
- Filing and processing workman compensation claims.
- Ensuring that the entire uniformed employee’s files are up to date and are properly maintained.
- Participating in disciplinary committees to listen to case for employees and updating HOD on progress
- Preparing the Human resource report-uniformed personnel
- Preparing of termination, confirmation and employment letters
- Conduct exit interviews for guards resigning.
- Approving and coding of guards sick and maternity leave.
Health & Safety
- Implementing Securex Agencies Health and Safety Management systems with aim of maintaining OHSAS 18001: 2005 certification standards.
- Ensuring compliance with National legal requirements, Securex Agencies requirements and best industry practice in regards to Health, Safety and Environment
- Guide Securex Agencies Health & Safety Committee in line with Health and Safety Committee Rules (LN No. 31 of 2004)
- Conduct workplace inspections and recommending sound corrective actions so as to ensure continual improvement.
- Spearhead incident investigations and establish root causes as well as ensure corrective measures are put in place to avoid recurrence
- Facilitate Health and Safety capacity building within the organization
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager on relevant health and safety activities
Dimensions / KPI’s
Corporate Success Factors:
- Deliver quality service, every day, every time.
- Leading provider of innovative technology based security solutions.
- Continuous improvement of processes, procedures and service delivery.
- Value adding talent management and succession planning model.
Key Competencies / Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to handle difficult conversations in a professional manner.
- Exceptional problem solving skills using sound judgment and the ability to analyze and interpret different situations accurately.
- High level of attention to detail, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Outstanding time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable initiative and the ability to work well under pressure.
- He or she should be a team player and a person of high integrity.
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in Human Resources Management or any Social Science discipline
- Postgraduate diploma in Human Resources Management
- Post graduate training in Health & Safety will be an added advantage
- At least three years in a dynamic human resources role
- Understanding and practical knowledge of labour laws and statutory returns
- Must be a registered member of the Institute of Human Resource Management
- High level of computer and data entry knowledge including basic Microsoft Office applications.
- High level of knowledge with an HRIS system required.
- High level of Human Resources business acumen with the ability to understand the implications of each transaction.
How to Apply
Application Process: Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] clearly indicating on the email heading: ‘Application for the role of HR Officer’
Application deadline is COB 26th February 2016
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.