Securex – Empowering Success
Is leading your forte?
At Securex, it’s not just security, it’s about creating freedom by making everyday life easier
We believe in doing ‘Whatever it takes’ to ensure that our stakeholders are satisfied. Our family bond is very visible to not only us but also our clientele as we are not merely a team, ‘We are family’
Hence, we are looking for leaders who are ready and willing to live by our values whilst succeeding the company’s core purpose and vision to fill up the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Is This You?
- Do you love talking and sharing experiences?
- Are you the person to win the war for talent?
- Is your smile and humor contagious?
- Are you fascinated with new Technology?
- Do you consider less is more only when more is too much?
- Is your eye for details comparable with an eagle’s?
- Does losing bother you?
- Are you able to convince someone to do something they wouldn’t want to do?
- Do you dream big?
- Are you able to engage a changing workforce?
If your answer to 80% of the questions above is yes, we are looking for you.
At Securex we are big on attitude. We are looking for an aggressive individual who can development, implementation and monitoring the company’s Human Resources strategy to support the organization as well as ensure the strategy is in tandem with the company’s core purpose.
The Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Provide leadership and manage the HR business processes (recruitment; orientation; performance management; staff leave and medical; staff reward; benefits etc)while ensuring that HR systems are up to date and functioning 9. Advice staff and managers on application of performance management system, refresher trainings, advise on managing poor performance and linking performance review to annual increments and learning and development initiatives
- With the senior management team and line managers ensure that performance management is implemented effectively
- Implement best practice – legal responsibility relating to areas of Labour Law
- Support HOD’s through change management and restructuring processes
- Manage special HR projects initiated by HQ as they arise
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Key Competencies / Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any Social Science or Business Management discipline with a minimum of second class honors upper division or equivalent.
- Minimum B- in KCSE or equivalent
- A degree in Business Administration or HRM and professional qualification in Human Resource Management
- Minimum five (5) years Human Resources experience.
- Demonstrable people management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Good negotiating skills and able to support and influence others
- Ability to work independently, but as part of a team
- Good knowledge of Kenya labour law
- Initiative and ability to work independently and develop solutions to problems
- Ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to diverse HR problems.
- A good communicator with strong written and reporting skills.
- Competent in the use of computers especially word, excel, internet.
- Ability to forge effective working relationships at all levels
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] clearly indicating on the email heading: ‘Application for the role of Human Resources Manager’.
Application deadline is COB 31st August 2016
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.