Security and Criminology Jobs in Kenya
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters.
Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development. ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below position in Nairobi Kenya.
This position will support the security manager ensure that the security standards of ACTED staff are high and ensure high-level security of all ACTED assets, property and resources within ACTED sphere of influence and context of operations. They will acquire operational comprehensive understanding of ACTED program in Kenya and Somalia and provide support and advice in terms of security. He/she is accountable for compliance of ACTED security and safety guidelines.
Duties for the Security Job
- Provide regular contextual security report and share with Security Manager.
- In concert with Kenya/Somalia Security Department, carry out security assessments and evaluations (Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) self-assessment) in all ACTED area, particularly in Somalia.
- Update Security risks assessment, SOPs and others security documents as appropriate and share with Coordination and all local staff and ensure the security notice rules are applied.
- Report any damage to perimeter fence, warehouse or other structures to the Logistics team.
- Ensure constant update of the emergency contact list and timely issuance of ID cards.
- Ensure a proper level of preparation before movement on the field, transportation means are adapted, a good fleet maintenance, and set movement rules which are adapted to the local context to support the Logistic team in Country. Ensure Operational follow-up of movements.
Briefing and training
- Provide security briefings for all incoming ACTED staff with follow-up periodically or when applicable.
- Provide security briefing to staff as needed and ensure that all staffs adhere to security policies and procedures. This includes briefing to all newly recruited staff joining ACTED, and induction briefings for visiting personnel.
Liaison with humanitarian, military, community and other actors
- Establish a strong relationship with others security actors, including INGO, SNGO and agencies working in the security management filed.
- Share security updates with ACTED coordination.
- Report on all compound security and reporting from bases on agreed time-frames.
- Fill reports in case of security incident and follow up as appropriate.
- Fill the incident data base for Kenya/Somalia and centralize the national incident data base.
- Participate in the writing/updating of Country Security Plan and annexes.
- Record the field security focal points in the Security Monitoring Plan daily.
- Ensure proper filing/file maintenance of security related documents.
Security Job Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Management, or a related security field. However, a diploma in security management backed by strong relevant technical experience will also be considered.
- A minimum of three years relevant experience on security, preferably at a management position, in an NGO.
- Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
- Good understanding of security procedures and equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of security management and risk management.
- Excellent resistance to stressful situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- Demonstrable experience in report writing and analysis.
- Fluency in Somali language is an added advantage.
- This position will require frequent travel to ACTED’s areas of intervention in Kenya and Somalia.
How to Apply
Qualified Kenya/Somalia persons with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed cover letter(being the first page of the document)and the* ***curriculum vitae (starting on the second page of the document) to [email protected]ed.org to be received on or before 10th November 2017 with the subject line “Application for Security Officer” .
Please do not attach *any other documents, if required they will be asked for at a later stage**. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.***
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.