Security Guard Job At Nova Academies, Kenya
As a Security Guard, you will be responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for students and staff by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel. The position entails protecting the school’s premises, assets and personnel. The person will be expected to maintain a high visibility presence and prevent all illegal or inappropriate actions. The goal is to detect, deter, observe and report.
You will be based in our Ondiri or Tatu Campus
Reports To: Associate Manager, Campus Operations
Security Guard Job Responsibilities
- Securing premises and personnel by patrolling property
- Inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points
- Obtaining help by sounding alarms
- Preventing losses and damage by reporting irregularities
- Restraining trespassers
- Completing reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities, interviewing witnesses and obtaining signatures
- Maintaining environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls
- Maintaining organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements
- Ensuring operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Patrolling randomly or regularly within buildings, perimeters and all other properties at Nova
- Monitoring and controlling access at building entrances and vehicle gates
- Liaising with the police and other law enforcing agencies in solving security matters related to Nova
- Supervising, coordinating and appraising outsourced security services across the Corporation’s premises
- Assessing, developing and implementing security solutions in line with Nova’s policy and security needs
Qualifications For Security Guard Job
- You have a certificate of good conduct.
- You have 1 or more years of proven working experience as a security officer
- You possess knowledge of crisis management
- You have the ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment
- You have excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols.
- You have surveillance skills and detail orientation
- You have integrity and professionalism.
How to Apply