Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust is an organization operating in rural Rarieda District. The organization began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth through community empowerment. Rafiki wa
Maendeleo Trust has since developed into a dynamic organization, focused on empowerment and development, both within the community and the organization.
We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individual to fill a position of Security Guard. Due to the rural set-up and challenges associated therewith, all applicants should have a personal commitment to working with the vulnerable community.
Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
Purpose of the position
To provide security to equipments and all organizations properties in the assigned area.
Responsibilities for the Security Guard Job
- Screen the visitors and direct them to the appropriate personnel
- Ensure security of the personnel, premises and equipment
- Ensure that doors, windows and gates are secure.
- Maintain a security diary detailing movement of office equipment’s and vehicles
- Watch for and report any security irregularities to the Supervisor and management.
- To prepare security report
Qualifications for the Security Guard Job
- (The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
- At least KCPE
- Any security related certification will be an added advantage
- Certificate of good conduct
- Letter of recommendation from previous employer
Other Competencies & Requirements
- Good communication skills
- Ability to detect problems and report the same to the appropriate personnel
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
- At least one (1) year relevant experience.
How to Apply
The applications should be addressed to the Human Resources by 9th December 2016. Email applications are also accepted through [email protected]