Security & Investigations Officer Job at Commercial Bank Of Africa
Department: Security & Investigations
Reports To: Manager Security & Investigations
- To perform day to day security operations and investigations
Physical Security Risk Management: using static guarding and access control equipment within the bank’s operating premises in order to ensure maximum protection of CBA’s human and material assets.
- The job includes maintenance of the access monitoring systems, custody of surveillance data and liaison with security service providers on implementation and monitoring of Service Level Agreements (SLA).
Fraud Risk Management:
- In liaison with other team members under supervision of Manager Security & Investigations (MSI) handle internal investigations of all reported error, fraud or suspected fraud incidences and timely preparation of reports for management use either for internal or external actions in addressing root causes, introduction of preventive controls and likely prosecutorial/litigation actions.
- All the above to be performed within the confines of the prevailing statutes and bank policies taking into consideration bank’s interests at all times.
Security & Investigations Job Key Responsibilities & Percentage Time Spent
Physical Security (30%)
- Assist the Manager Security & Investigations (MSI) in ensuring compliance with all security measures.
- In liaison with other team members under supervision of MSI support with security intelligence activities to provide information to the business in a timely manner.
- In liaison with other team members under supervision of MSI continuously provide security training and updates to staff & management as appropriate.
- Performance management to optimize productivity of assigned duties and ability to perform the job with unwavering honesty, without compromising facts or the best interests of the bank over possible personal gains.
- Team player with ability to work with other departments, effectively co-ordinate day to-day security services/concerns with security vendors, law enforcement agencies, train staff & security guards, etc.
- Organization skills and experience to be able to responsibly and effectively handle all security incidences including required remedial or corrective actions in a professional manner.
- Knowledge and application of modern security services management practices in the banking/ financial industry to enable the bank achieve consistent compliancy to best security services nationally and regionally.
- Technical skills to effectively perform security services activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- General legal knowledge to effectively appreciate the legal aspects of cases investigated and laws applicable with regard to frauds and related crimes.
- General IT knowledge to be able to carry out basic investigations on IT related frauds now prevalent in the banking industry
Qualifications & Experience Requirements for Security & Investigations Job
- Must possess at least a Degree in Security Management, Criminology, or any relevant similar Security training from a recognized institution.
- Must have served in the Police Force for about 4 years and has attended relevant CID Courses and/ or has proven experience on fraud investigations, especially on bank frauds & Security Administration.
- A solid understanding of security systems and procedures.
- Ideal candidate should have working knowledge of MS Office programs and in possession of a valid driving license.
How to Apply
Click here to apply