Responsibilities for the Security Co-ordinator Job
- Developing and implementing the security strategy in line with overall objectives
- Managing access control and keeping out unauthorized persons and maintaining a log of visitors including vehicles
- Maintaining a data bank of security incidences, reviewing, evaluating and recommending actions on reported incidences including undertaking investigations and corrective measures.
- Coordinating and monitoring security audits and submitting to management
- Developing solutions in line with recommendations including formulating new procedures and approaches to security.
- Developing, reviewing and participating in security training for University staff and students.
- Supervising and/or conducting security awareness programs for the University community and overseeing continuous skills upgrade for all security staff.
- Supervising outsourced security service providers in line with SLAs
- Carrying out intelligence gathering and disseminating security updates and alerts
- Coordinating evacuation procedures during emergencies in liaison with University management and other security and safety organs
- Liaising with other law enforcement agencies to enhance security measures
- Implementing best practices in security procedures and compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable government and county laws.
- Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
- Ensuring appropriate Christian behavior both internal and external in line with the institution’s Strategy.
Security Co-ordinator Job Requirements
- Christian commitment and practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Security/ Criminology or equivalent
- Paramilitary Training
- Diploma in security related area
- At least 7 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated customer relations skills
How to Apply
Those interested in this challenging and rewarding positions should submit their applications and detailed curriculum vitae with names and contacts of 3 referees to the address below on or before: 7th December, 2016. All applications should be sent by E-mail to: [email protected]. Hard copies will not be considered. Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted