Our client is a well established company engaging in development and management of commercial properties. They seek to hire an experienced Building Supervisor to supervise and lead maintenance and security personnel to provide tenants and staff with a safe, attractive, clean and efficient premise in which to operate.
Responsibilities for the Security Manager Job
- Serves as a main point of contact for any security/safety issues
- Secures premises by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment and security staff, inspecting buildings, equipment and access points
- Supervises and manages security service providers(including field officers)
- Maintains accurate record of security personnel reporting times (including field officers and area manager visits)
- Completes weekly and monthly reports for management by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities, including any change of security personnel
- Maintains an updated and accurate matrix of guards on duty including reporting times, contact details, posting location, rotations, historical record of incidents
- Investigates, reports and tracks all safety, security and risk management related issues
- Conducts regular risk assessment analysis and develops and updates security policies, evacuation procedure, and crisis management plans, operating policies and procedures, in accordance with best practices and ensures their communication and implementation by staff and building occupants
- Develops and facilitates security and safety training in view of increasing safety, security and risk management capacity
- Maintains compliance with all legal requirements (including fire safety)
- Provide regular advice and counsel to management on matters relating to employee and property safety and security
Qualifications for the Security Manager Job
- Diploma/ Degree in Business/Security related studies. Preference is for an ex-police or army officer.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in managing security in a busy institution.
- Demonstrated leadership in development and implementation of a security management plan.
- Demonstrated capacity to analyse complex situations, solve problems and manage change.
- Able to create security processes, policies and procedures
- Conversant with the use of high-tech security systems. Know-how in CCTV control rooms.
- Should be able to do reports on maintenance and tenancy issues.
- Ability to use ICT tools and office packages (word, excel, power point, outlook etc.)
- Must be observant and pays attention to detail
- Clean record and as indicated by a genuine police clearance certificate.
How to Apply
Click here to apply. If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Security Manager – Commercial Properties) before Friday 10th February, 2017