Security Officer Job at Action Against Hunger, Kenya
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
designing and implementing procedures, contextual analysis, risk management policies and training on security for employees. You will work closely with the Operations Department in New York and the field teams’ safety and security management.
Security Officer Job Key activities
- Conducting security audits and review existing security procedures and practices in all Action Against Hunger-USA missions;
- Monitoring and police the security documents and procedures developed at mission level.
- Supporting mission teams and DOPs with contextual analysis the development of adapted security plans and procedures;
- Leading and coordinate the investigation and analysis of critical security incidents which result Action Against Hunger reputation or operations;
- Join and/or lead any security-related discussion pertinent to strategic or tactical decisions at mission level;
- Conducting a series of security training and sensitization courses for Action Against Hunger staff relevant to the key security issues in respective countries;
Qualifications for Security Officer Job
- You’re a seasoned humanitarian aid worker
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, relevant professional qualification and training in security management.
- You have 7 years’ experience managing team safety & security in volatile contexts, as well as practical training in leading the security function for humanitarian aid organizations.
- You are familiar with field-based communications systems like HF Codan, Motorola VHF, Thuraya, satellite & internet systems.
- You’re a very capable communicator
- You enjoy working with strong, committed teams, including colleagues who do not speak your language fluently. You like the challenge of helping teams find ways to work where Action Against Hunger’s activities will have the most impact.
- You are comfortable explaining complex policies and procedures simply, in non-technical terms. You are able to succinctly summarize and analyze current field activities.
- Your work style builds trust and calm within the team
- You are highly organized and pay attention to small details. You remain handle highly stressful situations with composure and are able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You are able to build relationships with external actors while ensuring that Action Against Hunger’s humanitarian principles and program needs are clearly understood.
How to Apply
Click here to apply