Security Officer Job at Great Lakes University, Kenya
Security Job Responsibilities
- Supervise other security personnel
- Ensure security of visitors of the University and create reports thereof
- Enforcement of traffic discipline within the University
- Make regular security surveys and summary reports on University security
- Prevent and report any theft or loss of GLUK properties
- Handle welfare matters of security staff such as uniforms, leave roster, off duty, duty rota
- Monitor movement of vehicles and assist the transport officer on security of the vehicles (e.g parking places, accidents, inspections etc)
- Coordinate outsourced security services and internal security operations
- Handle staff security cases and security administrative issues
- Collect and gather intelligence data/information
- Compile security reports
- Assist the University authorities in maintaining law and order
- Assist the University in day to day administration of students hostels (specifically evicting unauthorized occupants/intruders)
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications for Security Job
The successful candidate should have /be:
- At least a bachelors degree in security related studies from a recognized institution
- A Masters degree in security studies or equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Must have served as a Security Officer for a minimum of 5 years in a similar setting
- Having served as a Police Officer or Intelligence Service Security will be an added advantage
How to Apply
- All applications shall clearly be marked “Application for the position of Security Officer “ Applications must be submitted on or before 5th August 2016.
- Applications must be submitted on or before Wednesday 12th August 2016
- Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or passport, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
- Applications should be addressed to the
- Vice Chancellor, Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Main Campus, Off Miwani Road, P.O. Box 2224-40100 Kisumu.
- Send electronic copies of credentials in PDF format by email to [email protected]