JOB REF: PC/HRM/7/9/2016-2017: SECURITY OFFICER, JOB GROUP PC 7
Salary Scale: Kshs. 45, 279 pm – 68,341 pm
Reporting to the HR & Admin Officer, the job holder is responsible for Customer service, Front office /Reception management, and maintaining of Security at the Commission
Key Operational Responsibilities:
- Receiving and assisting visitors to the Commission offices;
- Prevention of unauthorized persons from entering the premises;
- Advising the management on all security matters within the Commission with an aim of preventing or detecting crime;
- Monitoring and reviewing security situation at the Commission and providing comprehensive and accurate reports to management;
- Providing quality front office service- receiving, sorting and distributing mail and parcels to appropriate offices;
- Attending to incoming and outgoing telephone calls;
- Ensuring that telephone lines are in good working condition and reporting any malfunction lines;
- Ensuring security of office equipment and assets; and
- Undertaking any other function as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Qualification and Experience:
- O Level/ KCSE or its equivalent; and
- Certificate in security management from a recognized institution and either a Certificate in Telephone
- Operations Management, Public Relations Certificate, Customer Care or Front Office Certificate from a recognized institution.
- Computer Literate;
- Ability to observe confidentiality, office etiquette and professionalism
- Training in First aid and safety operations;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- At least three (3) years’ relevant experience in a busy organization.
These positions require individuals of high integrity and team players. Each applicant should provide details of his/her current employer and position held, current salary including the following documents:
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) (where applicable);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA;
- Leadership and Integrity Act Self Declaration Form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to Apply
Applications including a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, professional qualifications, testimonials and day time telephone number, the names and addresses of three professional referees should be delivered to the Commission by hand, courier, or post so as to reach the address below by Thursday 10th November 2016, 5.00 pm. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR /CEO PRIVATIZATION COMMISSION EXTELCOMS HOUSE, 11TH FLOOR P.O Box 34542, GPO 00100 NAIROBI Employment will be on a three (3) year renewable contract. The Privatization Commission is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.