Security Officer Job at Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Kenya
Great Lakes University of Kisumu (GLUK) is a private chartered university offering degree and other programmes in various disciplines including Health Sciences, Community Development, Education, Theology, Agribusiness, Business Administration, IT, Hospitality and Tourism among others.
The University is looking for highly qualified, experienced, motivated and reputable team players to fill the positions of Security Officer and Deputy Security Officer.
Security Officer Job Responsibilities
- Supervise other security personnel
- Ensure security of visitors of the University and create reports thereof
- Enforcement of traffic discipline within the University
- Make regular security surveys and summary reports on University security
- Prevent and report any theft or loss of GLUK properties
- Handle welfare matters of security staff such as uniforms, leave roster, off duty, duty rota
- Monitor movement of vehicles and assist the transport officer on security of the vehicles (e.g parking places, accidents, inspections etc)
- Coordinate outsourced security services and internal security operations
- Handle staff security cases and security administrative issues
- Collect and gather intelligence data/information
- Compile security reports
- Assist the University authorities in maintaining law and order
- Assist the University in day to day administration of students hostels (specifically evicting unauthorized occupants/intruders)
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications for Security Officer Job
The successful candidate should have /be:
- At least a bachelors degree in security related studies from a recognized institution
- A Masters degree in security studies or equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Must have served as a Security Officer for a minimum of 5 years in a similar setting
- Having served as a Police Officer or Intelligence Service Security will be an added advantage
How to Apply
- Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or passport, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
- Applications should be addressed to the
- Vice Chancellor, Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Main Campus-Kibos, Off Miwani Road, P.O. Box 2224-40100 Kisumu.
- All applications shall clearly be marked “Application for the position of Security Officer/Deputy Security Officer.”
- And Send electronic copies of credentials in PDF format by email to [email protected]