- Company: Reputable Institution
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Security Services Officer Job at Standard Chartered Bank
Security Services Job Purpose
- To carry out Settlements and General Banking activities in line with laid down procedures and all regulatory requirements.
- To achieve established targeted standards of productivity and client services in Settlement area.
processing of fixed income settlement, including ensuring sufficient funds, shares and credit limit.
reviewing and potential failed/failed trade until resolutions
Inward and outward claims.
- Response to clients inquiries in a timely manner and by providing accurate informationTo achieve established targeted standards of productivity and client services in Settlement area.
- To ensure continuous improvement of team’s performance and effective risk management to protect the clients and Bank’s interest.
- To take active participation in business growth opportunities and be “subject-matter-expert” in relation to developing and execution of new securities products for fixed income Settlement.
Security Services Job Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Quality Service – To ensure the highest levels of Customer Service and proactively seek improvements to meet customers’ needs and requirements and where opportunities arise to exceed them.
- Risk Management – Comply with Operational Risk Management and Controls. Ensure all reconciliation are investigated timely, controls are effectively exercised over all operational procedures to prevent frauds and avoid losses to the Bank.
- Reporting – Ensure timeliness, Responsiveness, Accuracy and be pro-active in handling transaction processing. Ensure real-time escalation of any possible operational incidents / ops loss / complaints to country SSO Head
- Compliance – Compliance to all established procedures, regulations and the Group Custody Policy Guide. To ensure that all procedures laid down in the Departmental Operating Instructions and the Key Control Standards laid down by GCS are adequately followed.
- Team Work – Work as a team and assist other team member when required
- To process client instructions promptly on receipt.
- Pre-matching of Trade transactions with Brokers / Exchange.
- To ensure daily reconciliation before market deadlines (especially related those related to potential buy-in) to smooth settlement of trade obligations.
- To ensure that negative affirmation are sent to exchange/broker within the stipulated deadlines. Escalate and reject transaction when instruction is not received
- Perform earmarking and escalate for credit approval in case of insufficient funds
- To liaise with the client in order to avoid any potential buy-ins/failed in the clients account. Ensure pro-active management of client trades to reduce the chances of failure of client trades.
- To send trade accurate and timely match / mis-match confirmation. Closely work with client to close any discrepancy in the trade instruction.
- Timely reporting to internal and external stakeholders including clients relating to Settlement of trade transactions.
- Settlement of trade transaction with exchange.
- Follow up with the Internal Sections/Divisions of the Bank for identifying the receipt of the foreign currency funds, credits to the respective Client(s) accounts, execution of FX deals and subsequent credit(s) to the Client’s cash account(s). Ensures that appropriate outward FX is monitored and the remittances are effected as per client instructions/guidelines.
- Ensure correctness of entries with respect to purchase funding, sales proceeds and tax liabilities thereof to the Client(s) cash accounts.
- Ensure correctness of entries with respect to clearinghouse accounts and corresponding suspense accounts.
- To ensure that all Client requirement/communication/ queries are responded within 24 hours of receipt. Holding response to be sent in case the final response requires further investigation
- To ensure that procedures laid down in the Departmental Operating Instructions are adequately followed.
- Ensure that the relevant Key Control Standards are adhered to.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements and deadlines are adhered to.
- Ensure real-time escalation of any possible operational incidents / ops loss / complaints to country HSS.
- To perform any job or task resulting from exigencies as well as those that may be assigned by Head of Securities Services..
Qualifications and Skill for Security Services Job
- University degree in any business field.
- At least 2 Experience in a custody department or working in Securities function.
- Attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in using Ms Office.
- Successful candidate must possess high levels of intergrity.
- Interaction with banking systems would be an added advantage.
- Customer centricity and ability to work with tight deadlines is a must have.
How to Apply
Click here to apply