Base is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large mining development in Kenya since 1911 and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful development of the project. Pragmatic and pro-active candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the security manager, you will be the single point of contact for matters pertaining to security at the Likoni Shiploading Facility and Kwale Mine Site. This entails implementing and managing security measures to protect personnel and assets.
Key Duties for the Security Supervisor Job
- Developing, implementing and controlling integrated security measures
- Identifying risks for the control and protection of the port and mine site facility and staff
- Supervising outsources security services contractors
- Ensuring cost effective delivery of service solutions
- Developing, administering and supervising annual security budget and expenditure plans
- Developing and maintaining contingency security action plans as applicable to the Port and Kwale mine sites
- Providing leadership and development to the Security Team
Security Supervisor Job Qualifications
- A tertiary qualification in Security Risk or the equivalent proven relevant work experience
- 5 years’ experience in a Supervisory role
- Demonstrable leadership, interpersonal and networking skills
- Demonstrable ability to work in a challenging environment with a multinational workforce with minimal supervision
- High ethical standards
- Demonstrable teaming skills
- Good communication skills and good working knowledge of English and Kiswahili
- A proven ability to write reports
- Good computer skills in MS office- particularly Word and Excel
A ‘Can Do’ attitude
How to Apply
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply online to the Security Manager via www.basetitanium.com/careers by no later than 16th November, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.