Our Client one of the largest steel making business in the East and Central Africa region is looking to recruit a Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate MUST be Gujarati / Hindi speaking.
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system
• Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems.
• Verify accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
• Prepare and submit customer invoices
• Payroll preparation and statutory remittance
• Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya Revenue Authority
• Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
• Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payments
• Assist in month end reporting procedures
• Prepare and process employee expense reports
• Design, prepare, and maintain accounting and finance spreadsheets.
• Clients account reconciliations.
- Minimum Five years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent
• Must be a CPA (K) / ACCA.
• Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, i.e. QuickBooks and spreadsheets
• Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system and policy updates
• Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
• Ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented
• Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions
• Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area
• Ability to communicate effectively