Job Advert: Senior Accountant
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform accounting activities to include financial reports, bank reconciliations, general ledger entries, and other general accounting functions
- Maintain strong financial reports in compliance with organizations policies and procedures
- Implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure stronger internal controls
- Reviews vs. prepares monthly reconciliations
- Provide accurate financial reports and forecasts and/or projections where appropriate and alert executive management to potential problems;
- Supervise cash flow management activities – monitor and control the flow of cash receipts and disbursements to meet the business and investment needs of the company.
- Assist in developing annual budget and plans.
- Prepare audit schedule and liaise with external auditors for periodic audit;
- Implement workflows for accounts and customer service (underwriting);
- Ensure that all financial records, receipts, payables and cash flows are accurate, up-to-date and processed efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner;
- Establish rapport and communication with banks and other key stakeholders;
- Prepare and submit returns to Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) and Association of Kenya Insurers (AKI)
- Bachelors of Commerce
- Proven senior accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Awareness of business trends
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
How to Apply
Individuals who meet the above requirements should send their applications to the email below stating their current and expected salary along with a detailed CV to reach us on or before 29th September 2015.
Please indicate the job being applied for in the subject heading of your email.
Short listing is running concurrently as applications are received.
Email: [email protected]