We are looking for an efficient accountant
Across Africa smallholder families are struggling to make more productive use of their farmland. Most are currently unable to produce enough, either to feed their families an adequate nutritional diet, or to sell in the market and generate sufficient income to meet other needs.
In 2011 Our client was established to address these challenges and deliver along the triple bottom line – profit, people and planet. Having completed its technology research and licensing phase, proof of concept stage and first half of its pilot phase, the company has split into two strategic units – One is to produce effective soil and plant health solutions and the other to distribute the solutions and service the end user. In efforts to build capacity and prepare for the scale-up phase they are looking to employ a Senior Accountant.
Experience(s) : 6 Year
Company Type: START-UP
Entry / Mid Level
Overseeing the financial and accounting operations of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Book Keeping – oversees this activity in-line with company policy and procedure
- Cost Accounting – ensures accurate calculation of product margins
- Planning and Budget – participates in strategy development with the senior management team, champions annual budget creation, implementation and variance analysis through the year
- Cash Management – manages payables and receivables to meet the business and investment needs
- Taxation and Statutory Obligations – maintains tax compliance
- People and Relationship Management – Manage and evaluate performance of team and all other stakeholders
- Policy and Procedures – Maintain (and improve where necessary) financial systems and policies
- Reconciliation, analysis and reports – ensures a balanced company account and submits periodic reports as required by management and other stakeholders.
- Forex Management – manages FX needs and fluctuations between the various currencies used by the company
- Insurance Management – participate risk analysis with senior management and manages the risks mitigated via insurance
Key Performance Measures
- Cash flow management
- Audit compliance
- Company efficiency (Processes and systems)
- Team satisfaction and turnover.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- University degree plus CPA qualification
- 4-6 years’ experience in a similar role
- SAP User experience is preferred
Personal skills and attributes required
- Good reporting skills
- Good computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent communications and analytical skills