Senior Accountant jobs in Hotel industry, Kenya
Job Title: Senior Accountant – Hotel
Repots to: General Manager
Salary: 80 – 120K
Our client is a leading private member’ Sports and recreational Club situated in Nairobi. They seek to recruit a highly competent and proactive senior accountant who will be responsible for all areas related to finance. He will supervise a team of 5.
Senior Accountant Jobs Key Responsibilities
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the GM in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyses department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the treasurer, club manager and other departmental heads regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely yearend audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support general manager with special projects
- Writing monthly or weekly reports to be issued to the general manager and preparing cash projections for all departments
Qualifications and Skills Desired
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA K
- 5 years’ experience at a medium to large company in a managerial position
- Must have knowledge of QuickBooks
- Good computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent communications and analytical skills
- Willingness/ability to learn to use new computer systems and applications
- Willingness to take personal responsibility for client queries and see a problem through to its resolution
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Accountant – Hotel) to [email protected] before Friday 18th March, 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV. N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.