Our client is a distributor and stockists of various commodities but currently specializing in fast moving consumable goods. They mainly distribute goods in Nairobi and its environs. Reporting to the Director, the Senior accountant to oversee operations in the accounts department.
Salary: 70k – 80K based on experience
Responsibilities for the Senior Accountant Job
- Handle budget preparations and analyse financial data
- Prepare account reconciliations and financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Discuss financial performance with management on a monthly and quarterly basis and assist in developing and implementing cost effective measures to reduce operational costs
- Liaise with other departments and members of staff to support overall company goals and objectives
- Be actively involved in payroll preparations and ensure statutory deductions are made as per the set policies
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Ensure proper records are maintained by reviewing accounts reconciliation and payment vouchers
- Monitor and interpret cash flows and predict future trends
- Supervise accounting staff
- Manage office administration
Senior Accountant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 – 4 years experience in a similar role at a supervisory level
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge and experience in using Accounting Software packages such as Pastel, Sage, QuickBooks
- Proficiency in accounting packages
- Suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity
- They should also be dynamic and a team player
- Should also have experience in internal auditing and in all areas of accounting
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
- Have high good attention to detail
- The candidate must be very reliable and energetic
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Accountant – FMCG) to [email protected] before 15th March, 2017
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.