Job Title: Senior Accounts Assistant
Organization: Uganda Law Reform Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
The Uganda Law Reform Commission is established under Article 248(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its primary mandate is to study and keep under constant review the Acts and all other laws comprising the laws of Uganda with a view to making recommendations for their systematic improvement, development, modernisation and reform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of compiling and producing proper financial books of accounts by posting ledgers, abstracts and cash books.
- Responsible for receiving revenue and issuing general receipts in return.
- In charge of reconciling bank statements and ensuring no imbalances.
- Presenting periodic financial reports to the supervisors/relevant authorities.
- Preparing and recording payments to staff.
- Performing out any other duties assigned to him/her by his or her supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Senior Accounts Assistant job placementshould be a Ugandan who holds an ‘A’ level certificate with a Diploma in Accounts/Business Studies/Financial Management or their equivalent from a reputable Institution.
- At least three years’ working experience at the level of Accounts Assistant in government or an equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization;
- Computer literacy skills in different packages.
- Age: 22 years and above
How to Apply:
All qualified Ugandans should send their applications with fully certified photocopies of their testimonials and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), recent passport size photographs filled in triplicate to:
The Commission Secretary,
Uganda Law Reform Commission,
8th floor, Workers’ House,
P.O. Box 12149, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 13th June 2016 by 5.00pm