NLC GRADE 6 ONE (1) POST
This position is responsible for the provision of administrative support in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner
Gross Salary Scale for The position of Senior Administration Officer (Min Kshs. 90,000 – Max Kshs. 130,000)
Duties for the Senior Administration Officer Job
- Ensure timely repair and maintenance of the Commission’s vehicles.
- Ensure timely memos are prepared to the Supply Chain Management unit for acquisition and payment of services.
- Implement measures to ensure prudent utilization of resources.
- Manage and ensure the security of Commission’s assets.
- Ensure proper documentation is in order for staff travelling outside of the Country
- Ensure timely requisitions, proper storage and efficient but economical use of all caretaking supplies.
- Coordinate the Commission’s Programmes including inter departmental activities.
- Ensure secure and friendly working conditions.
- Assist to develop and implement emergency preparedness plans.
- Carry out physical security surveys of the commission’s buildings in order to determine lapses and recommend on how to overcome the same
- Ensure that the commission offices are kept clean at all times
- Supervise and appraise the Administration Officers to ensure alignment of set goals as per the performance appraisal schemes
Senior Administration Officer Job Requirements
For Appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized University
- Certificate in Senior Management Course
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of Code of Ethics & Regulations
- Five (5) years of service or similar experience in a comparable position from a reputable organization
How to Apply
Candidates should attach all documents to the application form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
National Land Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution -Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and Persons Living With Disabilities. Therefore, People with Disabilities, the Marginalized and the Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, Academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present clearance certificates from the following institutions:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission -EACC
Kenya Revenue Authority -KRA
Credit Reference Bureau -CRB
Higher Education Loan Board -HELB
Directorate of Criminal Investigations – CID
All Applications should be submitted both online through the recruitment portal in our website i.e www.landcommission.go.ke and hard copies to:
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road, Ardhi House 12th Floor, Room 1205 P.O Box 44417-00100 Nairobi.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission on/or before 17th July, 2017 by 5.00pm