Kenya Industrial Estates is a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises established in 1967 with the mandate of promoting industrialization through indigenous enterprise development in the country.
To achieve this mandate, the company provides Industrial Parks, medium to long term financing, and business advisory / training services.
The company plans to fill the following positions with a view to effectively discharge on its mandate:
Job Title: Senior Business Development Officer
Reports to: Manager Business Development
Job Purpose:- The incumbent will be responsible for developing, maintaining and growing alternative sustainable revenue streams though designing of products marketing and managing business activities of Medium and Small Enterprises by:-
a) Providing Consultancy services to clients (Public & Private Organizations);
b) Develop training manuals or curriculum for clients;
c) Conducting Feasibility Studies;
d) Providing Capacity building for SMEs on entrepreneurship;
e) Undertake Environmental impact assessment surveys.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Prepare; develop feasibility studies for internal and external financing and offer technical advise to management on project investments;
- Conduct seminars and workshops on BDS products and coordinate entrepreneurship training and development of new products;
- Provide consultancy services and Develop training manuals for both (Public and private organizations);
- Prepare, develop resource mapping/ Industrial policy and master plans in liaison with the County Governments;
- Conduct Environmental impact assessment Surveys to our clients;
- Co-ordinate and Carry out technical valuations, review policies and procedures on project implementation;
- Oversee commissioning and implementation all approved projects designed and funded by our stakeholders;
- Undertake research, review company products and improve on present to ensure company’s competiveness;
- Initiate income-generating activities for the organization countrywide.
Academic Qualifications / Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related courses;
- Previous relevant work experience required of up to 3 years of progressive working;
- Demonstrated Excellence, understanding or experience in a Business Consultancy work;
- Excellent written (report writing) and verbal skills;
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills;
- Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills;
- Computer literacy and knowledge of different applications;
- Cooperation and team spirit and strong interpersonal skills;
- Marketing experience will be an advantage;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and addressed to the undersigned.
Applicants Must also indicate their current and expected salaries.
The applications should be received not later than 11th November 2016. HR & Administration Manager, Kenya Industrial Estates Ltd, P.O. Box 78029-00507,
Email: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.