- Work with other departments within the Group to identify requirements and develop solutions (database design, workflows, user/data interfaces, integrations);
- Design, develop and maintain an enterprise data warehouse and associated programs/ETLS to fulfil identified reporting needs of the organization;
- Design, development and 3rd line support of Business Intelligence applications through the entire process of user requirements analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance;
- Responsible for the configuration and/or customization of BI and analytics systems to meet business requirements using various database and software tools.
- Configure and/or customize business applications to meet business requirements using various database and software tools;
- Assist in presentations of system functionality to new users and departments. Drives systems adoption by business users;
- Enhance and create user and system documentation as needed;
- Work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations;
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented;
- Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications;
- Capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and /or database components;
- Perform data modelling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system;
- Developing database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to specifications;
- Implementing and testing database design and functionality and tuning for performance;
- Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications; and
- Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business.
Key Performance Measures
- All Systems project schedules are completed as per agreed timeframes, scope & budgets.
- All systems must pass both the Quality Assurance and User Acceptance tests (97% first time).
- Information accuracy at a minimum of 99.95%.
- 95% of all developed applications and reports should meet 95% of the user requirements specified in the user requirement document. Nil critical errors.
- 80+% of systems documentation are up-to-date and accurate
- Minimum Base Line Standards defined by the security and audit team implemented and maintained in accordance with the set IT best practice.
- All audit reviews must pass 100% unqualified (based on agreed ITIL standards).
- 90% of all escalated support issues are resolved and closed within SLAs defined by IT Service desk.
- All tickets assigned are resolved within 24 hours.
- Isolate and document 100% of reoccurring incidents for root cause analysis.
- 98% of all incidents identified for root cause analysis are well documented and resolved permanently (98% non-reoccurrence).
- Demonstration of continuously gathering knowledge and improvements arising from the regular review of the department’s reports.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Degree in Computer Science or technical-related field
- Certification in Oracle Database Management System
- Certification in Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- Certification in Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- 4+ years’ experience in Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- 4+ years’ experience working with Oracle Database
- 4+ years development experience with any modern programming tools/Platforms e.g. .NET, Java, Ruby, PHP
- Experience with web servers and application servers e.g. Apache, IIS, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Experience in data warehousing, business analytics, knowledge in Business Systems Modelling and data retrieval.
- Have knowledge of Mobile infrastructure, Internet technologies, ecommerce and e-payment technologies.
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Unix user skills.
- Experience in processes and procedures management.
- Thorough understanding of relational database theory and practice.
- Communication skills
- Building Relationships
- Focuses on the Customers
- Develops Self
- Solves Problems
Friday, July 14, 2017
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field