SENIOR DEPUTY COMMISSIONER FOR CO-OPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT – FOUR (4) POSTS – V/NO. 87/2017
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.120, 270 – Ksh.180, 660 p.m. (Job Group ‘S’)
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:-
- served for a cumulative period of eighteen (18) years, three (3) of which should have been in the grade of Senior Assistant Commissioner/Senior Assistant Director for Cooperative Development, Job Group ‘Q’ and above or in comparable and equivalent positions in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Sociology, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Co-operative Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management and Organizational Development, Finance or Agri-business from a university recognized in Kenya;
- attended a strategic leadership course in a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence and a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and an ability to relate them to proper management of the Co-operative Movement.
Note: Possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya will be considered an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Commissioner, Co-operative Development for the following duties and responsibilities:-
- formulating, implementing and reviewing co-operative development policies, regulations, guidelines and programmes;
- enforcing compliance with co-operative legislation;
- developing and overseeing implementation of education and training projects and programmes for the sector;
- ensuring good corporate governance practices in the co-operative movement;
- overseeing and ensuring preparation and implementation of strategic objectives;
- preparing and implementing the department’s performance management systems; and
- overseeing finances and assets management of the department.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th July, 2017.